To register for our courses, please go to “Courses” which will take you to the calendar of courses to see when classes is available.
For any questions email us at:
CONCEALED CARRY HANDGUN TRAINING: $65 ($90 w/ Rental & Ammo)
Completion of this course allows a person who is 21yrs or older to apply for the North Carolina Concealed Carry Permit at your local Sheriff’s Office. This Concealed Carry Permit is recognized in 36 other states. We’ve taught over 25,000 students since March 2009.
- This class is 8 hours long and most of the class is a legal block, however, you will be required to shoot a 30 round test. If you do not have a handgun prior to taking this class you may rent on of our .22cal pistols with ammo for just $25 cash only and will be reserved the day of class.
- The class starts promptly at 8am.
- All of our Concealed Carry instructors are both NRA and North Carolina Justice Academy certified.
Basic Pistol: $50 / $25 gun rental (includes ammo)
The Basic Pistol Class introduces students to the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for owning and using a pistol safely. Through this course, the students will learn about pistol parts and operation, ammunition, gun safety, pistol shooting fundamentals, and pistol shooting activities. The Basic Pistol Course will also help prepare the student for participation in the Concealed Carry Class as well as other Defensive level training classes we offer. This course consists of around 3-4 hours in the classroom and 1-2 hours on the firing range. Students should bring their own handgun and 50 rounds of ammo, or may rent one of our handguns (ammo included) for the class for $25.00. Gun rentals are cash only and are reserved at registration the day of class.
Objectives included are as followed:
- Pistol Knowledge and Safe Gun Handling
- Ammunition Knowledge and the Fundamentals of Pistol Shooting
- Shooting Positions and Shooting Qualifications
- Scoring Targets, and Selecting and Maintaining Your Pistol
Women’s Only Basic Pistol: $50 / $25 gun rental (includes ammo)
The Women’s Only Basic Pistol class introduces students to the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for owning and using a pistol safely. Through this course, the students will learn about pistol parts and operation, ammunition, gun safety, pistol shooting fundamentals, and pistol shooting activities. The Basic Pistol course will also help students who are preparing to take the Concealed Carry Handgun Class. Different types of firearms will be on display at the class so you can get a hands on idea at choosing the right one for you. Classroom portion is around 3-4 hrs and the range time is 1-2 hrs. Students should bring their own handgun and 50 rounds of ammo, or may rent one of our handguns (ammo included) for the class for $25.00. Gun rentals are cash only and are reserved at registration the day of class. Whether you are new to owning a firearm or you just want to start your training to be able to better protect yourself and loved one, this is the class for you.
Topics discussed will be:
- Types of firearms
- Choosing the right Firearm for you
- Firearm safety and storage
- Types of Malfunctions
- Fundamentals of shooting
- Live fire exercises.
Defensive Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun also offered. (Full Outline to come soon)
We also offer PRIVATE INSTRUCTION
- 1-on-1 training
- Small private groups
- We can also offer private Concealed Carry classes for groups of at least 10 or more.
- Ask about our group rates on any of our classes offered.
CHURCH SECURITY TRAINING SEMINAR
Times have changed, that means taking responsibility and ensuring that congregations are protected with the resources that you have. We would like to think that bad things don’t happen in church, but they do, and it’s on the rise. It’s not necessarily an active-shooter situation, but a multitude of other things that may have to be addressed. Examples would be weather-related incidents, medical emergencies, thefts, vandalism, domestic violence issues and subjects coming into the sanctuary in an attempt to disrupt the services.
Today, more than ever, churches need to have a safety and security team in place. Most churches are what we call “soft targets.” A soft target is one where a violator isn’t likely to encounter any resistance. Churches need to make themselves a “hard target” or one that makes it harder to attack and discourages “would be” violators. Of course not all situations can be prevented, but with a security team in place the damage and harm can be minimized.
It’s not enough to have church members who are willing to volunteer for a security team. It’s not enough that they have a concealed carry permit. For a security team to be effective they need to be carefully selected and they need to be properly trained. For those on the team that would be armed; we will train them to law enforcement standards in proficiency with their firearm and that means yearly qualification on the range. Part of my job is to limit your liability and we do that with training. Of course not all members need to be armed. Eyes and ears are important as well! Team members that are good at observing and detecting potential threats before they become attacks are equally as important. There is also the matter of policy and procedures.
- The seminar is 3 hours long and hosted at the Carolina Firearms Training & Gun Sales, Inc. store located in the Tramway area.
- These events are free to attend with a 30 slot limit.
- To register for this course please go to “Courses” which will take you to the calendar of courses to see when this seminar is available.
For Questions about setting up a church seminar please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-356-6954