- July 11, 2020
9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Event Phone: 919.708.5475
BASIC DEFENSIVE HANDGUN: $125
The Basic Defensive Handgun is a 4 hour class for new shooters who have taken the concealed carry class and want to learn the essential skills needed to be prepared for self-defense in public as well as in and around the home.
- The classroom portion of the course will go over firearms safety, maintenance, weapon handling, self defense theory.
- We will start your journey to how to shoot fast and accurate through efficiency using a crawl-walk-run approach. You do not need any firearms experience. We will teach you how to be confident and effective with your firearm.
- We will provide both step by step technique and 1 on 1 training.
- This is a weekend class and is limited to 10 people. We will run from 9am to 2pm with an hour break for lunch and to travel to the range.
Class Requirements: What students need to bring for Basic Defensive Handgun
- Eye protection
- Ballistic rated shooting glasses
- Ballistic rated wrap around prescription glasses
- Clear lens are recommended
- Ear protection
- Plugs or muffs
- Electronic hearing protection is highly recommended
- Close toe shoes
- Weather appropriate clothing
- Headwear with a bill is highly recommended
- Bugs pray and sunscreen
Firearms and gear:
- Serviceable lubed handgun
- At least 2 magazines
- Quality Holster
- Minimum of 250 rounds; factory new or factory reloaded ammunition only
- Notepad and a writing tool
- Spare weapon is ideal
- Handgun Rental is $50. Please send and email to our instructor if you need to reserve a handgun and / or ammunition
For Questions, you can contact our class instructors:
Stephen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-770-5951
Jason at email@example.com or 919-478-2139