- June 27, 2020
9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Event Phone: 919.708.5475
BEGINNER DEFENSIVE RIFLE (AR15): $150
The Defensive AR15 course is designed for a novice to intermediate shooter who wants to be better prepared for self-defense in and around the home using a semi auto rifle or carbine. This course 4 hours. AR/AK type pistols, AK’s, PCC’s and other types of modern sporting rifles are welcome!
- The classroom portion of the course will cover firearms safety, maintenance, basic ballistics, weapon handling, self defense theory and dry fire. We will break for lunch and complete the rest of the day at the live fire range.
- We will confirm rifle zero’s prior to starting the live fire drills. You may want to bring a shooting mat.
- We will start your journey to how to shoot fast and accurate through efficiency using a crawl-walk-run approach. You do not need any firearms experience. We will teach you how to be confident and effective with your firearm.
- We will provide both step by step technique and 1 on 1 training.
- The live fire training will introduce accuracy and time standards to challenge the student to perform under pressure. Our goal is for the student to find their limit and set the pace for themselves to beat as the train.
- We will introduce basic movement and use of cover and concealment.
- This is a weekend class and is limited to 10 people. We will run from 9am to 2pm with an hour break for lunch and to travel to the range.
Class Requirements: What students need to bring for Defensive AR15
- Eye protection
- Ballistic rated shooting glasses
- Ballistic rated wrap around prescription glasses
- Clear lens are recommended
- Ear protection
- Plugs or muffs
- Electronic hearing protection is highly recommended
- Close toe shoes
- Weather appropriate clothing
- Headwear with a bill is highly recommended
- Sunscreen and bugspray
Firearms and gear:
- Serviceable lubed semi auto rifle or carbine
- At least 2 magazines
- Quality sling is highly recommended
- Minimum of 300 rounds; factory manufactured or factory remanufactured ammo only
- Spare batteries for optics, lights and lasers
- Notepad and a writing tool
- Spare weapon is ideal
- Rifle Rental is $50. Please send and email to our instructor if you need to reserve a rifle.
For Questions, you can contact our class instructors:
Stephen at email@example.com or 919-770-5951
Jason at firstname.lastname@example.org 919-478-2139