- August 8, 2020
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
|Defensive ARshow details +||$150.00 (USD)||Sold Out|
Sale Dates- The dates when this option is available for purchase.
Goes On Sale: July 5, 2020 9:15 pm
Sales End: August 7, 2020 8:00 pm
Access- This option allows access to the following dates and times.
Event Phone: 919.708.5475
DEFENSIVE RIFLE 1: $150
The Defensive Rifle 1 course is designed for a novice shooter who wants to be better prepared for self-defense in and around the home using a semi auto rifle or carbine. This course 4 hours. AR/AK type pistols, AK’s, PCC’s and other types of modern sporting rifles are welcome!
- The classroom portion of the course will cover firearms safety, maintenance, weapon handling, and self defense theory. We will break and complete the rest of the day at the live fire range.
- We will confirm rifle zero’s prior to starting the live fire drills. You may want to bring a shooting mat.
- We will start your journey to how to shoot fast and accurate through efficiency using a crawl-walk-run approach. You do not need any firearms experience. We will teach you how to be confident and effective with your firearm.
- We will provide both step by step technique and 1 on 1 training.
- The live fire training will introduce accuracy and time standards to challenge the student to perform under pressure. Our goal is for the student to find their limit and set the pace for themselves to beat as the train.
- We will introduce basic movement and use of cover and concealment.
- This is a weekend class and is limited to 5 people for the month of August. We will run from 10am to 2pm.
Live Fire Range:
Woody’s Rifle Club
Class Requirements: What students need to bring for to class
- Eye protection
- Ballistic rated shooting glasses
- Ballistic rated wrap around prescription glasses
- Clear lens are recommended
- Ear protection
- Plugs or muffs
- Electronic hearing protection is highly recommended
- Close toe shoes
- Weather appropriate clothing
- Headwear with a bill is highly recommended
- Sunscreen and bugspray
Firearms and gear:
- Serviceable lubed semi auto rifle or carbine
- Rifle Rental is $50. Please send and email to our instructor if you need to reserve a rifle.
- At least 2 magazines
- Quality sling is highly recommended
- Minimum of 250 rounds; factory manufactured or factory remanufactured ammo only.
- If you need ammo, please send an email to our instructor.
- Spare batteries for optics, lights and lasers
- Notepad and a writing tool
- Spare weapon is ideal
For Questions, you can contact our class instructor:
Stephen at email@example.com or 919-770-5951