- May 23, 2021
11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Event Phone: 919.708.5475
DEFENSIVE HANDGUN 1: $150 / $240 with Ammo
The Defensive Handgun 1 is a 4 hour class for new shooters who are interested in conceal carry and want to learn the essential skills needed to be prepared for self-defense in public as well as in and around the home.
- The classroom portion of the course will go over firearms safety, maintenance, weapon handling, self defense theory.
- We will start your journey to how to shoot fast and accurate through efficiency using a crawl-walk-run approach. We will teach you how to be confident and effective with your firearm.
- A basic understanding of using the handgun is required for this class (loading, unloading)
- We will provide both step by step technique and 1 on 1 training.
- This is a weekend class and is limited to 10 people. We will run from 11am to 2pm with a short break to travel to the range.
- To register for this course please go to “Courses” which will take you to the calendar of courses to see when this class is available.
Carolina Firearms Shop 1606 Westover Dr, Sanford, NC 27330
Live Fire Range:
Woody’s Rifle Club 180 Woodland Rd, New Hill, NC 27562
Class Requirements: What students need to bring
- Eye protection
- Ballistic rated shooting glasses
- Ballistic rated wrap around prescription glasses
- Clear lens are recommended
- Ear protection
- Plugs or muffs
- Electronic hearing protection is highly recommended
- Close toe shoes
- Weather appropriate clothing
- Headwear with a bill is highly recommended
- Bugs pray and sunscreen
Firearms and gear:
- Serviceable lubed handgun
- Please send and email to our instructor if you need to reserve a handgun
- At least 2 magazines
- Quality Holster is recommended.
- Minimum of 100 rounds; factory new or factory reloaded ammunition only
- Notepad and a writing tool
- Spare weapon is ideal
For Questions, you can contact our class instructor:
Stephen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-770-5951