This is a one day firearms training course that introduces the student to the AR-15/M-4 rifle. During this course you will learn about one of the most popular weapons systems employed today! This weapon is used by military, law enforcement and civilians all across the country!
You will become familiar with the AR-15/M-4 rifle and will learn the basic gun-handling skills that are necessary to safely operate and maintain this weapon system. You will also learn about nomenclature, disassembly/reassembly, mechanical operation, care & cleaning, preventive maintenance, zeroing iron sights, shooting positions and much more! SEATS AVAILABLE IN THIS CLASS! SCROLL ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM TO REGISTER
The following topics will be covered:
- Firearms training and basic safety
- Introduction to the AR-15/M-4 rifle
- Mechanical operation of the AR-15/M-4 rifle
- Disassembly/reassembly/field strip
- Function check
- Fundamentals of shooting a rifle
- Basic gun handling skills
- Loading/unloading and press checking the rifle
- Sling use and carry techniques
- Zeroing iron sights
- Basic marksmanship and target analysis
- Emergency reloads, tactical reloads and speed reloads
- Malfunction clearance drills
- Presentation from the low ready
- Presentation from high ready/combat ready
- Presentation from indoor ready
- Shooting positions-standing, squatting, kneeling and prone
- Shooting drills
- Basic rifle marksman qualification course
- Available optics/sights
- Closing remarks
Note pad and pen, eye protection, ear protection, baseball cap with a bill, Ar-15 or M-4 type rifle with iron sights, sling and at least 3 magazines and gun cleaning kit. You may also bring additional optics for your rifle if you want to, red dot, Eotech, etc.
Recommending but NOT required:
Rifle magazine carriers, rain gear, sunscreen, insect repellant and clothing suitable for contact with the ground.
300 rounds of .223/5.56 rifle ammunition(We have ammunition available for sale upon request) Ammunition MUST BE NEW OR FACTORY REMANUFACTURED AMMO!!
We have comfortable facilities. Fresh coffee, snacks and bottled water are served. The classroom and range are all in one location.
Class starts at 8:00 am and ends around 5:00 pm. Regular breaks and one hour for lunch.
Register early in order to guarantee a seat in this class, it fills up early.
See class schedule for available dates.
See you in class!
Max Students: 10 CLASS FULL!
Register for December 12, 2015 AR-15/M-4 Class[wp_cart:December 12, 2015 AR-15/M-4 Class:price:125:end]